Thursday, July 19, 2012

The Universe is Conspiring

It is the fourth and final year of my doctoral program (!).

I applied and was awarded a fellowship.  This means I don't have to work as much as I'd planned.

CSULA has offered me the opportunity to teach 1-2 classes per quarter.  El Nido Family Centers has offered me part-time consultant work.

My time and energy will be focused on (1) revising and submitting my publishable paper, (2) completing and defending my dissertation proposal, and (3) conducting a study on the relationship between posttraumatic resilience and parent-child communication about trauma (as a form of exposure therapy).  I may throw in questions about cultural/traditional healing practices as moderators/mediators too.  I can't help myself sometimes.  I hope to complete and defend my dissertation at the end of the school year.

I share my progress and update as testimony that things do work out and it is possible.  In our darkest hours, what sustains us is hope.  I hope my journey gives witness to the power of love, hope, faith, social support, perseverance, and determination.  I realize that sharing good news may come off as boastful.  My intention is to provide one story of a woman who struggles and overcomes with work, love and faith.

Be well and hopeful.


No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...