Thursday, July 5, 2012

Like a Teen

I feel like a newborn Teen.  My daughter and I are dancin to a Wii DVD called, Just Dance, and this song comes on.

I googled the song and discovered that Eminem was involved in the lyrics.  That artist/poet/musician really touches me.  He must be connecting to some greater force when he raps - it's like the poetry of the urban, poor and struggling.

I am so grateful for the artists, poets, musicians, writers, scientists and anyone who dares to use their imagination to discover a bit of truth and add beauty to the world.

Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)
 

Can we pretend that airplanes
In the night sky
Are like shooting stars
I could really use a wish right now (wish right now, wish right now)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...