Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Recovery & Love

Recovery (from co-dependency) is a healing and spiritual process.  It's also a journey, not a destination.  We travel a path from self-neglect into self-responsibility, self-care, and self-love.

I've learned that self-care isn't narcissistic or indulgent.  Self-care is the one thing I can do that most helps me and others too.

My relationships have improved with family, friends, other people, myself and God.  Right now, I'm working on the toughest lesson I've ever had to master.  I'm learning how to let others love me, and how to allow the "good stuff" to happen in my life.  I'm learning how to let God love me.  And I'm learning to love, really love, myself.

--Melody Beattie

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...