Being the sensitive beings that we are, we absorb these views readily.
We are also very good students and diligently learn these negative views.
So how do we know if we have fallen under this insidious spell?
Being self-reflective, we can ask ourselves:
- Do we judge women leaders, colleagues, subordinates more harshly than men in similar ranks?
- All things being equal, do we prefer to report to men than to women?
- Are we more competitive with other women than with other men?
- Are we more likely to appreciate, hire, promote, support, compliment a male than a woman doing the same job or task?
- Are we more likely to listen to or value the advice of a man rather than a woman?