Friday, February 24, 2012

Brave Faith

A close friend and confidante told me recently that I was the bravest person she knew.  I smiled at the profound compliment.

As I thought about it more, I realized it's faith that makes me brave.

I often say, "if God tells me to stand over there, then I don't want to be found standing anywhere but there, no matter how scary."

As I'd walk to "over there," I'd say, "Ok, God, I'm going, I'll trust you, even though I'm scared, you promised you'd take care of me, I'm counting on you..."  I figured if I talked my way to "over there," I'd arrive somehow.

Now, I wake up in the morning wondering, "what mountain top or cliff are we jumping off today, God?"  with a big anticipatory smile on my face relishing the rush of the impossible feat.

I get to do this.

I get to live this life fully.

Wow.  This is happening.

Cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...