Friday, January 15, 2010

Leaning Into It

At the beginning of this week, I was having a temper tantrum about the math part of statistics class. Then I decided to double my efforts (flash cards! and diving into Stats Support class). The rollercoaster loops are becoming more manageable. I'm leaning into it.

When things get hard, rather than resist, it helps me to lean into it. Like when I did a summer family retreat and we had to walk, in the unrelenting heat, up and down the chaparral mountains for meals, dharma talks and mindful walking hikes. No point in complaining for 5 days. So I leaned into it -I did it - and I felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...