Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Themes for Life Stages

Every year of my life seems to take on a theme or mantra.

A few years back it was, "whenever possible, say no" because I was taking on too many opportunities and experiences for learning and growth. It was nearly killing me.

After I turned 40, the theme became integration. That is, bringing together this and that, yes and no, thoughts and feelings, ideas and people, rules and stories, details and the big picture, being with others and being alone, judging and perceiving. Realizing it all matters. Everyone has a point.

This seems to be the year of balance. Finding a place for both studying and dancing in my life - the light and the dark side. This is a really good year. I have never felt more comfortable in my own skin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...