Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Cool Quotes for Your Special Day

Australian nurse, Bronnie Ware, cared for people in the last 12 weeks of their lives and she recorded the most often-discussed regrets. At the top of the list:
  • "I wish I'd had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me." 
  • Next on the list: "I wish I hadn't worked so hard" and 
  • "I wish I'd had the courage to express my feelings." 

"I live the life I love and I love the life I live."
-- Muddy Waters

In everyone's life, at some time, our inner fire goes out. It then bursts into flame by an encounter with another human being. We should all be thankful for those people who rekindle the inner spirit. 
-- Albert Schweitzer, philosopher, physician, musician, Nobel laureate (1875-1965)

"By engaging in a delusive quest for happiness, we bring only suffering upon ourselves. In our frantic search for something to quench our thirst, we overlook the water all around us and drive ourselves into exile from our own lives."
-- Sharon Salzberg

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...