Sunday, September 23, 2012

What if?

What if my study yields no significant findings or my hypotheses are not supported? 
I will still have learned the research process and completed my final requirement for the doctorate.

What if no man will ever love and cherish me again?
I will love and cherish myself.

What if people judge me for my choices?   
Ni modo (Fuck it).

What if people find out about my missteps?
I proudly own all my experiences.

What if people think I'm too this or too that? 
Not my problem.

What if people try to punish me (by shunning me) for not being a "good girl," in other words, not doing what they want me to do? 
Fuck it, it's not my problem.  They lose more than me in that shunning thing.  Thanks for walking out, meanies.

Who the fuck do you think you are playing against type, busting through glass ceilings, bending traditional gender roles, breaking with tradition, doing what you want, being happy, having fun?
Exactly.

What do they call the doctoral student with the lowest gpa at graduation?
Dr.

1 comment:

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...