Monday, January 30, 2017

Sugar Detox

The more I learn about refined sugar - the more convinced I am that it is the white devil.

Here are some of my notes from a Sugar Detox workshop by Luz Chacón:

  • Dementia and impotence can be called Type 3 Diabetes because they are complications of diabetes
  • Wheat acts like sugar in our bodies.
  • Sugar is 8 times more addictive than cocaine.
  • It is recommended that women have no more than 6 tsp of sugar per day.
  • We are being manipulated for profit by the food industry.
  • Sugar is linked to heart disease, cancer, type 2 diabetes, dementia, impotence, depression/mood swings, anxiety, acne, infertility, non-alcoholic fatty liver disease, hyperactivity, acid reflux/heartburn, irritable bowel syndrome, fatigue, migraines, rashes, premature aging.
  • Lower insulin levels by reducing or eliminating sugar and flour.
  • A sugar detox can reset your brain and body and minimize cravings.
  • Satisfy sugar or carb cravings with sweet veggies like beets, yams, sweet potatoes.
  • Have fruit for dessert to satisfy your sweet tooth.
  • Replace sugar in recipes with dates or Stevia.
  • Replace white flour in recipes with rolled oats or almond flour.
  • Avoid food with any type of sugar in the first 4 ingredients.

Sugar Addiction Quiz (True or False)
  1. I don't eat refined sugar every day
  2. I can go more than a day without eating some kind of sugar-containing food.
  3. I never have cravings for sugar, coffee, chocolate, peanut butter or alcohol.
  4. I've never hidden sweets around the house so I can eat them later.
  5. I can stop after eating one bite of pastry or one piece of candy.
  6. There are times when I have no sugar around the house.
  7. I can have sweets in the house without eating them.
  8. I can go at least 3 hours without eating without shakes, fatigue or bad moods.
  9. I do not eat something sweet after every meal.
  10. I rarely drink coffee or eat donuts or sweet rolls for breakfast.
  11. I can go more than an hour after waking without eating.
  12. I don't drink sweetened soft drinks every day.
Four or more "False" responses and you're in the danger zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...