- It takes 20 minutes/twice per day to recharge, develop stillness and wholeness.
- You release stress 2 times a day so it doesn't build up.
- Over time, the benefits accumulate - you feel clear and energized.
- It's a preparation for activity (for example, students might do it before doing their homework).
- It helps you to connect to your inner silence - the silent part of you. Like the part of the ocean that is miles deep.
- It is a basic technology that anyone can use. If you can think a thought, you can learn TM. It's a technology - not a belief system. It is not a cult - there is no leader telling you how to live.
- TM is about waking up your consciousness.
- Rest is how the body heals. Your body's natural intelligence takes over and knows what to do to heal. The body is healing from within.
- The mind and body is less active - TM is profound/deep rest. It is 2 times deeper than sleep. It is more efficient.
- It is a reboot or re-set for your brain.
- TM helps you function in a calmer way.
- TM is like shock absorbers on a car - it provides cushion and resilience on the bumpy road of life.
- TM is getting rid of the blocks to become more of who you are.
- Resting is how the body heals stress.
- TM is an ancient indigenous knowledge from India. Indigenous knowledge can be lost in one generation. It is a cultural/traditional practice vs. religious.
- TM is waking up all of our potential/creativity.
- TM is training the brain to function in a different way. The brain begins to act as a whole. TM boosts IQ and creativity. There is more blood flow to the pre-frontal cortex with TM - to think more clearly.
- Transcending - Peter's (DLF TM teacher) description of "transcending" reminded me of the feeling I have when I get a gifted massage, or when I do yoga or when I've had hypnotherapy, acupuncture or reiki - I go to a different place where I'm like asleep but I'm not. I call it a meditative state - it feels really deep and restful. He gave me the book, "Transcendence" by Norman E. Rosenthal. I'll post notes on it as I read it, I'm sure.
Monday, January 30, 2017
Day 1 of 10-day sugar detox, joined by my sister and thanks to my health coach. I made huevos a la mexicana for breakfast and packed my green drink for lunch later. I even made veggie soup for my daughters' lunches this week.
Day 1 of Transcendental Meditation (TM) training, thanks to the David Lynch Foundation, which trains students in schools, veterans and women/girl survivors of assault.
This is the start of a great 2017. Feeling motivated and clean.
Here are my notes about TM:
Freud presented a paper in April, 1896 to the Society for Psychiatry and Neurology in Vienna on the sexual abuse of his female patients by t...
Abstract: "Adolescent depression, particularly where suicidal behaviour is involved, is a complex and pressing mental health problem ...
Article Excerpt: "A consistent finding in psychotherapy research is that the quality of the therapeutic alliance is one of the best p...
If you are the mother of a 6-12 year old anxious child, you may be interested in a study being conducted by researchers at UCLA. The purpose...