Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Check-In

I was born an old lady.  So 43 years later, I am practically ancient.  I'm grateful for that gift.

Sometimes social, emotional and intellectual development are asynchronous.  This can be troubling and require work toward integration.  Sometimes mind, body, spirit and soul are not aligned and requires work toward integration.

This is all part of my journey.  I stop repeatedly to give thanks to all my helpers - in this realm and the next:
  • All my parents - biological and adopted
  • My family of origin
  • My extended family
  • My current nuclear family
  • My family of choice
  • My true friends and supportive acquaintances
  • My healers (massage therapists, acupressure and acupuncture practitioners, chiropractor, energy healers, shamanic practitioner, doctors, orthodontist, dentist & dental hygienists, psychologists and psychiatrist)
  • My mentors (Jesus, Jolene Swain, Rose Monteiro, Jane Addams, Irvin Yalom, Carl Rogers, Reevah Simon, Iyanla Vanzant, Oprah Winfrey, Roberto Gutierrez, Norman V. Peale, Napolean Hill, Robert Cordova, Albert Einstein, Steve Jobs, Buddha, Jeff Koob, Emmy Werner, Karen Sorensen, Karin Elliott Brown, Pauline Agbayani, Pia Escudero, Sheryl Kataoka, Stuart Kirk, Hector Myers, Deborah Glik, Todd Franke, Aurora Jackson).  Some of my mentors I have never met, but their writing has profoundly shaped my thinking.
  • My ancestors
  • My spirit animal helpers
  • My guardian angels
  • My personal trainers, yoga and dance class teachers
  • Books
  • Art
  • Nature
  • Music
  • Dance
  • Laughter and humor
  • Drumming
  • and nourishing food.
When moments become dark and difficult, I call on my helpers to figure things out.  I am all the time adding to my bag of tricks.  I am always willing to ask for help.  It is how I got here from way over there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...