Thursday, November 17, 2011

Being Mama

Sometimes I feel like I got an MSW and LCSW (and started working on a PhD) just to be my girl's mama.  Lord knows I draw upon every skill and resource I can scrounge up in the dark and difficult moments of motherhood.

My girl is sensitive, so when I dropped her off at school yesterday I said to her:
When you know who you are, no one can tell you otherwise.
Kids can be mean, so be grateful when someone is kind to you.
I don't always know how to handle my girl's BIG feelings.  She said I am "wasteful" with her feelings sometimes.  I love my girl and all that she teaches me - I feel so lucky to raise such a precious soul.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...