I picked up these rules about gossip along the way. Some of these, I learned the hard way. That's how gossip can be - harsh.
1. If a friend says something mean about another friend, don't repeat it or tell them. In this way, you are protecting both friends.
2. If someone says something nice about someone else, by all means let them know!
3. If it is not my news to share, then I don't have any business sharing it.
4. Don't tell anyone at work anything that you wouldn't want to see in the company newsletter.
5. I don't have to listen to gossip if it is mean-spirited or hurtful. I can redirect the conversation or walk away. I am grown up now so wanting to be liked and peer pressure to participate don't hold their former sway.
6. Sometimes we judge others with jealous eyes. Despite the urge, we don't gotta be crabs in the bucket by talking badly about others.
7. Preemptive strike: If it will make you feel ashamed for others to know what you did or said - don't do it. If you really want to do something and the only negative consequence is that others will judge and gossip - fu#$ it, do it anyway. Don't let the haters keep you down.
8. Be transparent. Dispel rumors by always being the first to break your news, as accurately as possible.
9. What others think about me is none of my business, so if it is mean, please don't tell me.
10. The next time someone says, "I hear you are too intense," I will have a comeback! "Don't believe everything you hear, my dear, I hear you are overly concerned about appearances." Yikes, too much?
11. Nobody gets to be perfect, no one. We all have flaws. We all have strengths. I am grateful to those who love and forgive me despite my flaws, instead of using them against me behind my back. I will love and forgive regardless, in return.
Social Workers have many super powers, you realize. Here are two... 1. Empathy This means truly and deeply understanding and accepting t...
Article Excerpt: "A consistent finding in psychotherapy research is that the quality of the therapeutic alliance is one of the best p...
Abstract: "Adolescent depression, particularly where suicidal behaviour is involved, is a complex and pressing mental health problem ...
If you are the mother of a 6-12 year old anxious child, you may be interested in a study being conducted by researchers at UCLA. The purpose...