If you and your child are eligible for this free study, you would be randomly assigned to one of two 12-week conditions:
- the Internet Program condition or
- the Waitlist condition.
The following is a list of some of the eligibility criteria for this study. It is not exhaustive. In order to determine if you and your child are eligible to participate in this study, please call (310) 206-1128 and speak to the study's principal investigator, Melody Keller.
- Your child must be between the ages of 6 and 12 years old.
- In order to be in this study, you (the mother) and your child must speak English fluently.
- You (the mother) and your child must be able to read in English.
- Your child cannot be in this study if he or she has ever been diagnosed with Mental Retardation, Autism, Asperger's Disorder, or Pervasive Developmental Disorder (PDD).
- If you (the mother) and/or your child are on medication, the dose(s) must be stable.
- You (the mother) and your child cannot be in this study if either of you is currently receiving Cognitive Behavioral Therapy for any mental health problem.
- You (the mother) cannot be taking parenting classes or receiving therapy aimed at addressing parenting skills.
For further information about this project, contact Melody Keller at (310) 206-1128.
Principal Investigator: Melody Keller, M.A., C.Phil.