Monday, March 26, 2018

Talking Mental Health on Enfoque Los Angeles





So this happened.
I got a call from an Enfoque Los Angeles producer asking if I could be on the show to talk about the impact of trauma.
In my head I said, "duh," not realizing the ramifications: Look decent on camera and speak extemporaneously in SPANISH about what I'm expert at in ENGLISH (while dancing backwards in high heels).
I gave it my best shot.
If I close my eyes while watching the segment, then I actually feel proud of the opportunity to talk about trauma and recovery, the importance and effectiveness of mental health treatment and social support.
I'm gonna stick to writing and teaching.
I'm better on the page and in person.
TV cameras are humbling.
I will track down the show transcript or audiotape and share ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...