Wednesday, March 14, 2018

M3 Storytelling Campaign Poster: Allen




"Growing up in the San Fernando Valley in the 1980s-90s as a young Black male challenged me to make a difference in not only my life-but in the lives of other men of color. Living with a single mother and an older brother, we moved often. Yet the one thing that was stable in my life was school. With my mother's strong faith in God, she always made way. I was the first person in my family to pursue higher education, so I attended four community colleges and worked two part-time jobs to fulfill my general education requirements in two years. I then transferred to UC Santa Barbara, double majoring in Psychology and Black Studies. I then earned a MSW degree from USC, later receiving my doctorate in clinical psychology. If it were not for my mentors - who were role models and believed in me - I would not be where I am today. I strongly believe in having visible representation of men of color in higher academic settings. I am passionate about providing psychological and emotional justice for men of color.
 -Allen E. Lipscomb '15 Psy.D. Assistant Professor of Social Work, CSUN"

Posters for the M3 storytelling campaign are now available. Please contact me about how to order at CSUN QuickCopies.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...