Monday, March 6, 2017

Deep Sea Fishing with TM

David Lynch has been practicing Transcendental Meditation (TM) for over 30 years. This practice has inspired him to write:

"If you want to catch little fish, you can stay in the shallow water. 
But if you want to catch the big fish, you've got to go deeper.
Down deep, the fish are more powerful and more pure. 
They're huge and abstract. 
And they're very beautiful...
For me it has been the way to dive deeper in search of the big fish." 

He meditates twice a day - morning and afternoon - for twenty minutes each time. He describes his results:

"I find that the joy of doing increases. Intuition increases. The pleasure of life grows. And negativity recedes."

I can't borrow books from the library or other people because I write all over them when I read. In my book, "Catching the Big Fish: Meditation, Consciousness, and Creativity" by David Lynch, the quotes above are each followed by a big 💗drawn in black pen. This book is full of them.

"Anger and depression and sorrow are beautiful things in a story, but they're like poison to the filmmaker or artist. They're like a vise grip on creativity...You must have clarity to create. You have to be able to catch ideas."💕


No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...