Sunday, November 27, 2016

Self-Caring

"...self-caring, including maintaining a healthy diet, getting sufficient sleep, and treating one's self with compassion, care, and kindness have been found to lower stress and promote positive psychological well-being (Leary & DeRosier, 2012)."

We are "parent-adult-child" in varying degrees - hopefully in balance.

The "adult" part of us is responsible for making self-loving choices in terms of diet, sleep, self-acceptance, self-respect and self-worth.

Sometimes it takes a lifetime to achieve this. I want my daughter to be so well-accustomed to self-caring that it becomes her default for life. It's one of my goals as her mom. Some days it's easier than others but I am tenacious.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...