Monday, November 28, 2016

Quien Soy

There is a saying that you are the average of the five people that you spend the most time with.

In Spanish, the saying goes: Dime con quien andas y te diré quien eres.

When I think of my circle, my social support, I am grateful for their kindness, wisdom and love. I realize their words are on my brain and provide me guidance and soothing in unexpected times. Here's a sampling of my peeps...

 "We only learn from pain, so if you don't want to experience more pain then learn the lesson."
J. Swain

"We all have to learn how to bind our own anxiety."
J. Swain

"Parece que nunca se les ha presentado el diablo! No le tengo miedo al diablo ni a la suegra del diablo." 
L. Herrera

"Some people are happy to repeat [bad] patterns [in relationships]. I don't want to repeat patterns."
L. Chacón

"The people that love you will love you regardless. The people that hate you will hate you regardless."
M. Salazar

"Time is your friend."
P. Escudero

"We feel ambivalent about everything."
R. Simon

"I'm efficient because I'm lazy...I organize things and make them pretty...I'm a nerd."
C. Trinh

"Before I die, I want to be a grown up."
R. Gutierrez

"Fresh (not frozen) sushi grade ahi tuna and yellowtail always a plus. It's the creator's bounty from the sea."
R. Lopez

"I'm a nerd...We make a great team."
J. Martinez

"My life was good when I practiced transcendental meditation. Problems still occurred but I somehow managed everything better."
H. Myers

"Tu has tenido que batallar por todo - es una limpieza espiritual para ti...ya no pienses, deja que las cosas fluyan." 
S. Cadenas

"Death creeps in through the gums."
"I'm accumulating skills for the apocalypse."
"Right now I don't need you to tell me what I can do, I just want you to listen."
"Have you ever been embarrassed? Tell me a story of when you were my age and felt embarrassed."
P. Acuña-González

My books are my friends too. My mom went so far as to say that they were my true mother. It's no wonder that I underline and highlight and collect quotes from my favorites. Those are for another post...

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...