- One or more effective parents
- Connections to other caring, competent adults
- Cognitive, attention, and problem-solving skills
- Effective emotion and behavior regulation
- Positive self-perceptions; self-efficacy; self-worth
- Beliefs that life has meaning; hopefulness
- Religious faith and affiliations
- Aptitudes and characteristics valued by society (for example, talent, attractiveness)
- Prosocial friends
- Socioeconomic advantages
- Effective school, a sense of connectedness to school
- Effective community (for example, safe, with emergency services, recreation centers, options for young people)
Saturday, December 29, 2012
Predictors of Resiliency
Based on a generation of research studies, here is the short-list of correlates and predictors of resilience:
Social Workers have many super powers, you realize. Here are two... 1. Empathy This means truly and deeply understanding and accepting t...
Article Excerpt: "A consistent finding in psychotherapy research is that the quality of the therapeutic alliance is one of the best p...
Abstract: "Adolescent depression, particularly where suicidal behaviour is involved, is a complex and pressing mental health problem ...
If you are the mother of a 6-12 year old anxious child, you may be interested in a study being conducted by researchers at UCLA. The purpose...