Monday, April 2, 2012

Foundational Assumptions

I woke up this morning with all these random aphorisms . . .

If you don't mean it, then don't say it just to be "nice."  Being honest and authentic is respectful enough.  Say what you mean - tell the truth.

We are not that fragile.  Think of the worst that you have been through and how you made it.  We are pretty hardy.

Nobody needs to be emotionally rescued. Both the rescued and the rescuers end up feeling resentful.  The rescued may feel infantilized.  The rescuers may feel used.

I read my own blog notes and they come in handy to me as reminders.  I hope you find something that resonates for you too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...