Friday, August 26, 2011

(Miscellaneous) Mantras

There are mantras that have carried me through many different stages and experiences in my life.  Some were  inner voice revelations and others were given to me by mentors.

Water seeks it's own level.

It's okay to be who I am.

Whenever possible, say no.

Do what's in front of you.

Humility is not believing that you are nothing, it is knowing your worth in God's eyes and not being a show-off.

I know who I am, I have nothing to prove.

There is no competition with others, only to be your personal best.

I am not at my best when I am stressed.  I am at my best when I feel full and calm inside.

Soothe, and do not ignore or indulge, the baby inside.

God loves you and everyone else.

When the envious friend tries to take you down, pray that she finds love and acknowledges her strengths. When she feels whole, she won't feel the urge to take you down.

Remember it is not about what a person says, it is about what they do. So pay attention to a person's behavior, behavior says it all.

I have a right to choose my friends and who I spend time with.

People will see your light and want what you have.  They will want to be you.  Don't become jaded or cynical, become wiser.

Mental health professionals will always be in business because we all wonder whether or not our parent(s) loved us.  Make sure your child knows that you love her.

We all need a parent.

We feel ambivalent about our parents.  We feel ambivalent about everything.

The self-fulfilling prophecy - if you say it, it will be.  Tell your child, "You are a good person."

You have a right to your thoughts and feelings.

You have a right to make your own decisions and live with the consequences of those decisions.

We have to learn how to grieve because nothing lasts forever.

If God is for us, then who can be against us?

The Universe will conspire to bring about your heart's desire and help you to fulfill your personal legend.

There is a purpose and mission for our lives. Do what you came here to do.


You are not a victim, you are the author of your life.

It is possible.


Everything is negotiable.


We don't have what we want, we have what we believe.


Don't make decisions out of fear or guilt, no good can come from that.


If people talk $#it about me, I'll ask myself, "Am I in there?" because if I am I will change. But if I am not, then it is not my problem what people say about me.


We all matter.


There is nothing you can do to make God love you more. There is nothing you can do to make God love you less.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...