Tuesday, August 2, 2011

How long is the Sabbath?

Taking a break this summer feels sooo goood.

It takes a while to recover from two years of running at break neck speed.

I have been resisting all intentions to get to work. I worry I will not get back to fighting shape after a month and a half of lallygagging.

How long is the day of rest supposed to be anyway? It seems to take at least one long, lazy summer Sabbath to counteract two years of accumulated stress.

To ensure that I get back in the game, I signed up for a dissertation proposal boot camp.  A classmate is joining me which will make it more fun.  Yes! I said fun.  Don't judge me because I am a nerd (and proud).  We all have our proclivities.  Reading and writing are mine.  It's not illegal.

The reading about the writing process is deep.  Writing encompasses it all - who you are, what you want to say, what you came here to do.

I am looking forward to daily writing and daily meditating.  I have been working out regularly to work up my endurance.  I'll keep you posted about what comes up.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...