Saturday, December 5, 2009

Finals Week

It is all fun and games until MidTerm or Finals week. Then it all becomes due. And studying becomes an act of discipline and meditation. Sitting for hours to read and attend and focus despite where your thoughts lead you and distract you. Like now I am distracted because I really have to finish a 20-page paper that analyzes the epistemology and ontology of my chosen topic - attachment theory and it's mediating effects on post-trauma symptomatology. And as much as there is an urge to quit and shuck it all for more leisure time, I realize I am too far in, too invested to turn back now.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...