Sunday, November 5, 2017

Conferencing



I was spent and recovering from bronchitis after working on an NIH grant proposal. That's when I got the approval to write an academic paper for the National Symposium on Student Retention to be held in Destin, Florida. Initially, I passed up the opportunity in order to recover. Then, one of my colleagues said, "Destin has one of the top 10 beaches in the world." To which my daughter responds, "Mom, write the paper." Now me and my favorite research assistant are here and enjoying the powder sugar soft sand beach preparing for my workshop presentation of "Minority Male Mentoring: A Multi-Tiered Model for College Success." Academic life is a beach.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...