Wednesday, December 14, 2016

Finally...


I got this email and screamed! My co-workers down the hall got concerned for me and then cheered when I told them why I'd screamed.

It still blows me away to see myself addressed as "Dr." In person, I rarely respond to it because I don't even hear it - I don't register it as part of my name.

I emailed all my mentors to thank them for their support and guidance. They were all proud and immediately told me to go on to the next one.

I will! But first some champagne :)

On December 11, 2003 (exactly 13 years ago), my mom died from complications of Non-Hodgkins Lymphoma. She would have been beyond proud to read this email, to know how far I'd come, and that her sacrifices had paid off.

This is my first peer-reviewed publication - finally!
I'm a late bloomer sometimes.

Moving on to the next one...


No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...