Thursday, February 18, 2016

The Carrot & The Stick

The more whole you feel and the less you crave, the harder it is to be manipulated.
No one can hold a carrot to entice and mislead you. 
And you don't have to be afraid of anyone's stick.
Your faith makes you brave.
The efforts of others to control you will be futile.

"...No one could yet grasp the fact that everything would be taken away...At that moment I saw the plain truth and did what marked the culminating point of the first phase of my psychological reaction: I struck out my whole former life...While we were waiting for the shower, our nakedness was brought home to us: we really had nothing now except our bare bodies - even minus hair; all we possessed, literally, was our naked existence (Frankl, 2006, p.14-15).

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...