Monday, September 6, 2010

Why?

I was recently asked, "Do you consider yourself a Christian?"

With time to think about it, I offer the following reply: "I consider myself a hardcore Christian. I'm also a hardcore Buddhist. And I'm a hardcore defender of human rights. I want to reclaim Jesus' message from the intolerant fanatics who have co-opted the Bible and the movement in order to perpetuate ignorance and hatred in the world."

This blog is about what I am learning. It is also about why I am learning. And how I get by. Because it is not easy. It is one of the hardest things I have ever taken on. Right up there with raising my daughter. I would not be here, still standing, if God did not have my back in this thing. I felt beat up last year - juggling school, work and family. But not showing up would have been worse.

Thank you, Yesus. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...