Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer Actions and Reflections

Summer can mean so much. After a whirlwind year - an intense rollercoaster ride - it means slowing down, taking breaks whenever I can make them happen, rejuvenating, starting projects that seem impossible when the year is in full swing (for instance, an attachment-themed book club), and taking care of all the business that got left behind.

To that end, I...
...am spending more time with my girl and my man
...met with a financial planner
...enrolled in a couples communication class
...went to the dentist
...log meals and exercise on an iPhone app
...take a tennis class
...signed up for a nutrition and cleansing program
...took my daughter for a physical
...walk 3 miles at a time almost everyday (!) for social and recreational purposes
...finally got rid of the grey, which made me consider letting the grey grow out (hmmm)
...am having lots of dates and fun with friends and family

It is amazing all that it takes to make my life stay in balance with the introduction of a major stressor/incredible opportunity (the ying and yang of going back to school). I am grateful for all the personal and social resilience factors in my life - trying to get my bounce back this summer. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...