Sunday, May 30, 2010

Final Stretch in the End of the First Year

Immersed in the writing of two twenty-page papers, one a Community Intervention Proposal and presentation, the other a Policy Implementation Evaluation Proposal.

Then preparing for comprehensive exams - six timed essays written in eight hours over two days on epistemology, intervention research methods, policy formulation and evaluation.

It will get done. This is the part where I trick myself into believing it is so and act as if it is until it is. I will be done with all of this on June 17 (woohoo).

At brunch this morning with one of my cherished mentors, he said: Thinking about it is half the work.

Still thinking about what I want to become expert in and how that will guide my research internship decision and my dissertations' research question and my research agenda and my career...

What are you thinking about out there in Europe, the Mid-West (is it Kansas or Oklahoma?), up North, the Far East, Iceland or Greenland and Los Angeles? If you stop by, feel free to leave a comment.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...