Thursday, March 18, 2010

Woohoo! Woohoo!

I am done !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Second quarter was even harder than the first, albeit in a different way.

This is about endurance, baby.

I struggled with internal temper tantrums and self-doubt. Last week, when I tried to soothe myself about the stress of finals week and said, out loud to myself, "It will get done." I didn't really believe myself. I kind of thought I was lying, "Sure, yeah right, como?"

And now? I am done (!) with second quarter, that is.

Spring quarter classes start in two weeks: 1) SW Policy Implementation and Analysis, 2) Independent Study course to prepare for comprehensive exams in June, and 3) Conceptual and Methodological Issues in Community Intervention (in the Psychology department).

But right now, right now, I just want to celebrate that I am done, that I didn't quit (I have thought about it so many times, but when you're in, you're in).

Thank you, Yesus! And Thank You to my husband and daughter and friends and family and FB and co-workers and neighbors and people who say encouraging things and buy me lunch and give me massages and walk with me and keep me going in this horribly beautiful and transforming experience that I have taken on. It reminds me that we don't do anything worth doing without support from others. I owe you big.

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...