Here's a bit of his hard-earned wisdom:
- Most of our suffering comes from expectation; trade your expectation for appreciation and your whole life changes in that moment, suffering ends in that moment.
- We overestimate what we can do in a year and underestimate what we can do in a decade or two or three.
- When life matches our blueprint, we're happy.
- When life doesn't match our blueprint, we have some pain.
- When life doesn't match our blueprint and we feel helpless to change it - that's when we suffer (the dark night of the soul).
- In our suffering we have 3 choices: 1) blame self/others/the world (which doesn't change anything); 2) change our effin life; 3) change our blueprint.
- It takes high energy to make change - love, creativity, gratitude, passion.