Tuesday, August 16, 2016

La Pura Neta de Tony Robbins

I used to think Tony Robbins was a bit of a dweeb. Now, I know my man Tony better and that motherf****r knows his $hit! He also likes to drop F bombs like nobody's business, so I like him even more. His F bombs are purposeful too - they break through the conventional and get people to look at what's real. I totally get that.

Here's a bit of his hard-earned wisdom:
  • Most of our suffering comes from expectation; trade your expectation for appreciation and your whole life changes in that moment, suffering ends in that moment.
  • We overestimate what we can do in a year and underestimate what we can do in a decade or two or three.
  • When life matches our blueprint, we're happy.
  • When life doesn't match our blueprint, we have some pain.
  • When life doesn't match our blueprint and we feel helpless to change it - that's when we suffer (the dark night of the soul).
  • In our suffering we have 3 choices: 1) blame self/others/the world (which doesn't change anything); 2) change our effin life; 3) change our blueprint.
  • It takes high energy to make change - love, creativity, gratitude, passion.



No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...