Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Unlimited Possibilities

I write about the good news in my life - not in a back-door FB braggy way - but to provide a living example that the impossible is possible.  The possibilities are endless.

I am surrounded by people with more or less smarts, more or less $$, more or less attractiveness, more or less _______.  What has seemed to matter more are my beliefs.

Beliefs can make a sugar pill (placebo) beat a new drug in clinical trials.  Researchers find this annoying.  I think it's pretty cool and spend a lot of time thinking about how to bottle it, then give it away for free.

I am a deeply spiritual person so my beliefs come from my faith in God and that God loves us.  But I have seen that a faith in God is not required in order to believe in unlimited possibilities. 

I love my daughter and there is not a train I would not jump in front of in order to protect her.  There is not a person I wouldn't face in order to stand up for her.  There is not a thing I wouldn't do for her.  She knows mama bear has got her back. 

I can do all that because this mama feels that God has got my back.  I feel that God wants to protect us.  Because that's just what a loving parent does.

I believed that I would get here and now I'm here.  There was a lot of work and pain and joy in between, fer sure.  But life is full of work and pain and joy whether or not you do what you came here to do. 

Paraphrasing a theologian, if God gave you a passion or talent for something, then there is a hunger or need in the world for it.   

I am passionate about loving and being loved.  I am passionate about learning, reading, asking questions, seeking answers, writing things down, creating joy, and spreading hope and good news.  I am doing all of this because this is what I came to do and I believe.

What did you come here to do? What do you believe?

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...