Monday, March 21, 2011

Sabbatical

We all need breaks from time to time, so I am taking a break from blog writing.

I am in the thick of it, so I will focus my limited time and energy on completing a publishable paper, a dissertation proposal and required coursework (Advanced Statistics, Latin American Folk Traditions and Shamanism, and Family Therapy and Research -- cool, right?!).

In the meantime, I want to thank you for your support, for stopping by, for reading and for commenting.

Please continue to use your voice, fight back and reach out for resilience and flourishing.  May all the "good girls" grow up to become "empowered women" making up their own mind and having a say in their own lives.  Men, too, can go from child to adult by choosing their own actions and dealing with the consequences of their choices.  Cheers to agency, empowerment, self-determination, self-efficacy and collective efficacy.  These are important concepts and values in social work and I believe, our birthright. 

1 comment:

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...