Friday, August 14, 2009

Enrolling!

It’s time to register! Why do the simplest things like enrolling online feel so complicated to me right now? I guess the fear has to try to show itself somewhere.

I just registered online (in my pajamas on a Friday morning just before noon). There was some panic after realizing that the third class I needed, and had rearranged my work schedule for, was canceled! Fortunately, after re-reading the Doctoral Handbook, I signed up for a different advanced research class that had been previously closed. This feels like a little game sometimes. How many barriers do I face before I crack? And how many times do I have to overcome barriers before I realize that there are no barriers that can truly keep me down? Barriers, shmarriers – they are all just part of the game of endurance, persistence and faith. How much do I trust in my dream, goals, beliefs? If God is for us then who can be against us? (Romans 8:28-31)

No comments:

Post a Comment

My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...