"As parents become distressed in response to economic problems, they often become less nurturing and more hostile toward their children. These relationship changes lead, in turn, to psychological problems in adolescents (as cited in Dinizulu et al., 2014)."
... If a community values its children, it must cherish its mothers. --John Bowlby
Welcome to my annotated bibliography and collage of musings, article excerpts, abstracts, questions, essays, stories, lecture notes, reflections, seed thoughts and topics that capture my imagination. Social Work is an applied social science and aims to improve the opportunities & living conditions of vulnerable people. Alejandra Acuña, PhD, MSW, LCSW, PPSC
Monday, June 20, 2016
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
My high school senior. When she was born and breastfeeding every two hours, 24-7, and I couldn’t shower or read the Sunday paper anymor...
-
I'm not a great cook, but I can assemble a great salad. Writing, on the other hand, is totally my thing. However, writing a disse...
-
"Coopersmith described four components of self-worth: (1) power, or the ability to influence people and events important to the pers...
No comments:
Post a Comment